Relations with governments and the wider community
Success in business is dependent on compliance with legal constraints, together with sensitivity to local customs and conventions governing business relationships. The communities in which we operate (and from which we draw our employees) are important to us.
- We are committed to making a positive contribution to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate.
- We take into account the concerns of the wider community – including national and local interests – in all our operations. We use our expertise to contribute to the wellbeing of the community in a manner appropriate to our business objectives.
- We endeavour to ensure that we are not exploited for the purpose of money laundering, drug trafficking or tax evasion.
- We support the rights of human beings as set out in the UN Declaration of Human Rights. We consider carefully before doing business in countries that do not adhere to the UN Declaration.
- We do not make donations to political party funds or candidates.
- We respect the law, traditions and cultures of the countries in which we operate. When there is an apparent conflict between local custom and the principles and values set out in this Code, employees acting on our behalf must be guided by this Code.
- We are committed to doing our business in a way that’s as environmentally friendly as possible. The Group’s Environmental Policy and Guidelines include standards on waste reduction and recycling, and the conservation of water and energy.
CR Website 2015
The world of Compass
Europe & Japan
C. Asia, M. East, Africa, Turkey
Defence, Offshore & Remote